The WorkSafe Automated External Defibrillator (AED) course provides hands on experience and training for the safe and effective use of any portable defibrillator and will ensure you have the peace of mind that should the need arise you can safely use the AED. Additionally, HSE legislation now recommends that if an employer provides an AED then staff should receive training in its use.
Ideally candidates will already hold a First Aid at Work certificate but full training in CPR can be given if necessary. An AED unit is an integral part of the course and should be in-situ or available before training takes place.
Time frame: 1/2 day (4 hours)
- An overview of Ventricular Fibrillation and the use of defibrillators.
- Emphasis on early intervention, early CPR and the importance of the ‘Chain of Survival’.
- Hands-on practice for students using training AEDs.
- Scenario practice sessions tailored to portray similar situations to which the student may have to respond.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of AEDs.