Details: This specially designed programme has been adapted from the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work course to meet the needs of people who work within a school setting. The syllabus includes all content from the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course and includes additional subjects likely to be faced by first aiders working within a school.
Time frame: 1 day (7 hours)
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
- Allergic Reaction.
- Resuscitation and Choking for Children.