Emergency First Aid at Work
Details: This programme consists of training in Emergency First Aid Procedures designed to give the student a basic knowledge for providing first aid within the workplace. The course follows the syllabus set by the Health & Safety Executive and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for training of candidates in first aid for low risk environments.
Time Frame: 1 day (6 hours)
Skills covered: The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.